Monday, May 2, 2011

Preparing for Kayaking, Canoeing & Paddling

This time of year has got me thinking about the water this summer and upcoming river adventures. The mighty Yellowstone River is my favorite place to be in the summer and I can't wait to float it once again. 1 thing I always keep in mind is that the Yellowstone is a very powerful river and must be respected. That means preparing myself and my equipment ahead of time. Preparation is essential for safe & fun river trips, and now is the time to prepare yourself and your equipment. Here are a few tips and handy links I've put together to assist.

#1 Practice Swimming!
Swimming can save your life!
Strengthening exercises
Inspect and Clean Boat & Equipment
Kayak & Canoe Safety & Rescue Equipment
River Rescue Training
Take a First Aid Class
River Clothing
Trips & Outfitters
Study your water